Welcome to our New Column the "iBook-User eMail Bag" every Friday we will include any email's we get during the week and share our readers experiences with their Blueberry and Tangerine iBook's for the iBook-User Community. If you have some info you'd like to share with others, Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Just let us know if you don't want your email address or full name posted
Chad the First two are pretty funny, let's hope the iBook
isn't 'FireWireless' for too long. The "Ethernot"thou is not
true. I like AirConnect but I bet it's taken ! same with
Do you have any information about when and how to get ahold of Avermedia's USBpresenter? I have been waiting for it to come out!
* * AverMedia's press release on USBPresenter and according to reports it should be shipping now you can contact them at 1-800-863-2332
You can find it at: Folders Synchronizer
Milano - Italy
* Lorenzo, thanks for the heads up ,it indeed looks like a very nifty program for syncing and backing upfolders and files when I get my Performa set up I'll give a try!
I've been reading about your tale of woe and its got me a bit scared. I got an ibook in October and its my first mac in years. It locks up more than any computer I've ever owned but I still like it. Are stories like yours commonplace or is this just an OS9 issue?
* Reed I can assure you that the reason you read so many stories on the web is because if there's something wrong the web is the best place to go to look for answers. The Majority of folks are not having problems, hence you don't here about it. The First thing to do is call Apple, then look for updates at Apple, , Version Tracker and Macintouch's Mac OS 9 Updates then check out these forums:
I just bought a Ibook... I was intending to use it for presentations (with a data show or something of that kind...) Now I found there is no port for another monitor or for video. Is there any solution... or should I have bought a Power Book instead of a Ibook?
In that case what is a laptop good for? This problem never ocurred to me - when everybody is using a computer for presentations Apple just forgot it?
Please, reply ALSO by e-mail!
Thanks a lot!!
* AverMedia's press release on USBPresenter and according to reports it should be shipping now you can contact them at 1-800-863-2332
If you haven't solved your problem yet, maybe this will help, it's from Apple's Support page.
If you selected the "Preserve memory contents on sleep" option in the Energy Saver control panel, the iBook protects your RAM contents during sleep by saving all of your open work to a hidden file on the hard drive. Refer to TIL article 60429: "iBook: Description of Preserve Memory Contents on Sleep" for more information. In some rare circumstances, the iBook may have trouble reading this file and fail to start up properly. If this happens, restart the computer and immediately press the Escape key. Keep the key pressed down until you see the Happy Mac icon, then release the key.
Note: All RAM contents are lost when doing this. Pressing theEscape key at startup tells the iBook to bypass reloading the RAM file and to start up normally.s.
*Thanks , In the end I ended up re-initalizing my hard drive.
Thanks to all for writing, Keep sending those email's in !
Previous iBook-User "Community eMail Bag" Letter's
Recent iBook-User News Articles
02/04/00 MacReviewZone's iBook Giveaway !
02/04/00 iBook-User "Community eMail Bag" has been updated
02/02/00 Product Update: Madsonline is US. Source for iBook Saver
01/27/00 "The Ultimate iBook Book" Added to iBook Book Store iBook-User
01/26/00 iBook Book Review : The Little iBook Book iBook-User
The First web site Dedicated to Apple's iBook !
iBook-User © is a Publication of P1 Publishing LLC 2001
all rights reserved. est. 7/18/99